Guess I never really explained why I was going on an adventure. I have been a dental hygienist the past 16 years, the burn out rate is at 7 years...so I am past due..and with dentists having the highest suicide rate...hey, I was taking any chances.
Last winter was a miserable one, the sun did not come out for 2+ months, and we had over 60 inches of snow. I am a person that needs her sun ! I don't mind the cold so much, but mercy sakes give me the sun.
I also had a terrible bout of insomnia last year. All in all it was miserable for my pyche.
My husband has been retired for the past 4 years, and me being such a nice little wife, I didn't care that he went to Arizona for the winters. He is originally from there, so it was good for him to be with family and dear old friends.
Well after the miserable winter of 2009-2010, I was seriously considering going to Arizona for the 2010-2011 winter. And I was starting to CARE big time about him leaving and me staying.
What really put the lid on the pot, was some issues at work. I won't go into details yet, they may come flowing out of my mouth at a later date. So I believe it was 6 months ago that I made the FINAL decision to get out of Dodge, or should I say Council Bluffs.
A good friend has a blog, and she informed me that you can turn these blogs into books. I did not realize this.....I had started writing a book off and on the past few years. So I may incorporate alot of my past into the present and future so that I will get it all into 1 book.
The reason for the book, I have had so many people tell me, "Kim, you really need to write a book about your life." Being, my life has been or is by no means a normal, red white and blue life. So if any of the words I print offend anyone, I certainly don't mean them to be offensive...it will just be actual facts. Plus I have one heck of a time cursing, trying to be a little better about it.
So on October 2, 2010 I will be living in a 5th Wheel RV, in a snowbird community out in the middle of the Arizona desert. With my husband Dave and my dear little kitty cat Max. Guess I should say dear little husband too. So he doesn't think I like the cat more.
Okay........well another day. I really need to practice some yoga now..
Kim, I really look forward to reading about your new adventure - maybe I'll get some ideas from you!! I'll be checking back often to read your posts. Thanks for including me in this!!
ReplyDelete