Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Naming a person

My parents named me Kimberly, Kim for short.  They were thinking of naming me Grace.  Well I married David Pace, that would have made me Grace Pace..whew glad they didn't go that route.

I grew up on a farm, 1 1/2 miles from a German immigrant town of about 900 people.  Everyone was very friendly and close.  To make a long story short.  One of my parents friends, Betty Holle would always come up to me and pat me on my head and say "Hi, Kimmy".  To this day, patients, massage therapists, friends, relatives all call me Kimmy.

As I was walking out of the foot doctor last night, he said " see ya later Kimmy", as I kept walking out the door, I thought I am friggin 54 years old and am still being called this.

My parents should have named me Kimmy.

1 comment:

  1. It is not that you are 54 in age, it is that you are like 19 at heart. I think it is cute. You should love it. Look at my cute husband...a dentist...still gets called Robbie by a lot of his patients...which he prefers to Dr. Wayment. Just think, they could have called you "Mam"...that is my ultimate worst!

    ReplyDelete